Tige MyWake Global Wakesurf Challenge Announces June Winners
Tigé has announced the second round of monthly winners for the first-of-its-kind MyWake Global Wakesurf Challenge in all of the contest divisions. Using a format that leverages the borderless virtual landscape of the internet to encourage riders to submit their very best run online via mywake.tige.com, monthly winners, depending on their division, are eligible for cash prizes and an invite a to a live two-day final competition in Orlando.
Top professional videos in June also came from Chris Kinsey (Pro Men Wakesurf), Korina Smyrek (Pro Women Wakesurf), Dominic Lagace (Pro Men Skim), Caroline Villeneuve (Pro Women Skim). The complete list of June winners includes:
• Heather Lusk (Amateur Women Wakesurf)
• Dominic Lagace (Pro Men Skim)
• Taylor Dorey (Amateur Women Skim)
• Ryan Stewart (Amateur Men Wakesurf)
• Sam Girard (Amateur Men Skim)
• Brent Dorey (Masters Men Wakesurf)
• Angie Viland (Masters Women Wakesurf)
• Eddie Blondeau (Juniors Wakesurf)
• Chris Kinsey (Open Men Surf)
• Caroline Villeneuve (Open Women Skim)
• Korina Smyrek (Open Women Surf)
Recognizing the game-changing format of the MyWake Global Challenge, PCM Engines upped the ante of the contest and is now doubling all Tigé prize money for the monthly winners. With the matched money from PCM Engines, overall prizes for the online and live portions of the contest are more than $35,000. The monthly prizes are as follows:
· Pro Surf Male – $250 per winning monthly video + $250 PCM Double Money
· Pro Surf Female – $250 per winning monthly video + $250 PCM Double Money
· Pro Skim Male – $250 per winning monthly video + $250 PCM Double Money
· Pro Skim Female – $250 per winning monthly video + $250 PCM Double Money
Through July 31, riders have their final chance to enter the Tigé MyWake Global Challenge. Winners from the May and June contests are not eligible to win again, so new participants and repeat participants who have not yet placed first in a division are highly encouraged to continue with new video submissions. Riders can enter each unique event by submitting a two-minute unedited video of their best run to Tige.com or to the event site mywake.tige.com. World Wakeboard Association (WWA) judges will review the submissions and select the monthly winners. Also, monthly winners will be invited to the live final main event in Orlando.
The 2012 Tigé MyWake Global Challenge will host the live finals event on Sept. 10-11 at Buena Vista Watersports in Orlando, Fla. The Live Finale will bring together top professional riders from pro divisions of the three sports in a pro-am style contest to battle for the top podium spot behind the new and innovative Tigé Z3. To register for the contest and submit a video visit http://mywake.tige.com.
Each amateur division will pit the three monthly winners, plus the one Tigé Ride Day winner, against each other in an online final for worldwide bragging rights and other great prizes.
Leave a Reply